Robert G. Penn, M.D., FACP, FSHEA, FIDSA
- Board Certified: Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of American (FIDSA)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow, Society Healthcare Epidemiologists of America (FSHEA)
- President, Infectious Diseases Associates, PC, Omaha, NE
- Medical Director, Dept of Healthcare Epidemiology - Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Omaha, NE
- Chair, Medical Advisory Committee, American Red Cross - Midwest Region Blood Services, Omaha, NE
- Clinical Assist Prof, Dept of Pediatrics, The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Clinical Assist Prof, Dept Medical Microbiology, Creighton Univ School of Medicine
- Patient Care Committee, Methodist Hospital
- Infection Prevention & Control Committee, Methodist Hospital
- Pharmacy & Therapy Committee, Methodist Hospital
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases: Creighton Univ Medical School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency in Internal Medicine: The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- M.D. with Distinction, University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honorary Society
- B.S. with Distinction, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Phi Beta Kappa
Dr. Penn was born and raised near Wayne, Nebraska. He is married with two grown children and five grandchildren.
Dr. Penn is Board Certified in Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine. He participates and is current in the ABIM Maintenance of Certification program.
Dr. Robert Penn honored with Meaning of Care award from the Methodist Hospital Foundation for the 4th time. Read about the award here.
Dr. Penn regularly lectures at symposiums offered by Methodist Healthcare System for healthcare professionals. He also gives talks for various community groups. Below are some recent lectures and talks.
June 13, 2020 "The Truth about COVID-19 with No Agenda - Part 2," a podcast for Your Second Season first published August 6, 2020
June 17, 2020 “COVID-19 – What We Know & What’s Next,” presented for Nebraska Methodist College.
May 30, 2020 "Covid-19: What We Know & What’s Next," presented for the Immune Deficiency Foundation’s Virtual Education Event for Individuals & Family Members. Dr. Penn's talk starts at about 7:20 minutes. (Skip the ads which we do not control.)
April 22, 2020 "Your Lung Microbiome and COVID-19 - Part 1," presented for Nebraska Methodist Healthcare System.
April 22, 2020 "Your Lung Microbiome and COVID-19 - Part 2," presented for Nebraska Methodist Healthcare System.
March 14, 2020 Robert Penn, MD, and Jaime Seeman, MD, Discuss COVID-19 and Nutrition, community presentation.