Robert G. Penn, M.D., FACP, FSHEA, FIDSA
- Board Certified: Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America (FIDSA)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow, Society Healthcare Epidemiologists of America (FSHEA)
- President, Infectious Diseases Associates, PC, Omaha, NE
- Medical Director, Dept of Healthcare Epidemiology & Infection Prevention
Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Omaha, NE
- Infection Prevention & Control Committee, Methodist Hospital
- Pharmacy & Therapy Committee, Methodist Hospital
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Medical Microbiology & Immunology
Creighton University School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases:
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency in Internal Medicine: The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- M.D. with Distinction, University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honorary Society
- B.S. with Distinction, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Phi Beta Kappa
Dr. Penn was born and raised near Wayne, Nebraska. He is married with two grown children and five grandchildren.
Dr. Penn is Board Certified in Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine. He participates and is current in the ABIM Maintenance of Certification program.
Dr. Robert Penn has been honored with the Meaning of Care Award from the Methodist Hospital Foundation five times. This award is patient nominated. Read about what one patient had to say when nominating Dr. Penn for the award.
Dr. Penn regularly lectures at symposiums offered by Methodist Healthcare System for healthcare professionals. He also gives talks and interviews for various community groups and news media. Below are some recent lectures, talks, and media interviews.
March 4, 2021 Covid-19 Nebraska One-Year Later, a podcase for Net.org, Nebraska’s PBS & NPR Stations, first published March 10, 2021.
February 26, 2021 A Year of COVID-19 in Nebraska – Methodist Hospital, a Live Interview Event of WOWT 6 News, first published February 26, 2021.
June 13, 2020 "The Truth about COVID-19 with No Agenda - Part 2," a podcast for Your Second Season first published August 6, 2020
June 17, 2020 “COVID-19 – What We Know & What’s Next,” presented for Nebraska Methodist College.
May 30, 2020 "Covid-19: What We Know & What’s Next," presented for the Immune Deficiency Foundation’s Virtual Education Event for Individuals & Family Members. Dr. Penn's talk starts at about 7:20 minutes. (Skip the ads which we do not control.)
April 22, 2020 "Your Lung Microbiome and COVID-19 - Part 1," presented for Nebraska Methodist Healthcare System.
April 22, 2020 "Your Lung Microbiome and COVID-19 - Part 2," presented for Nebraska Methodist Healthcare System.
March 14, 2020 Robert Penn, MD, and Jaime Seeman, MD, Discuss COVID-19 and Nutrition, community presentation.